Just assume you are trying to get your dishes cleaned as early as possible, but your dishwasher has some other ideas.
Well, if you are ever stuck in this situation, then this post is for you. As here, we will discuss everything about how to repair dishwasher that’s not cleaning dishes.
Step by Step guide to repair dishwasher that’s not cleaning dishes:
When your dishwasher is not cleaning dishes well, here are the steps you need to follow to repair dishwasher. In this way, you would be able to get rid of every possible problem faced by your dishwasher:
- The first and major step you need to take is to unplug the dishwasher and turn it off. Also, make sure to test the dishwasher that it’s not working before starting the repair steps.
Shut down the water before removing the inlet switch, which you will find below the kitchen sink.
- In the next step, you need to clean the spray arm, and here’s how you can do it. Firstly you need to correctly remove the dishwasher spray arm and after that, make sure to clean all the holes around that area.
With the help of this step, you would be able to get rid of all the blockage issues around your spray arm.
There are two types of spray arms. Some you can directly take out by snapping them out, while you need to unscrew the thing for the second type.
- Here comes the third section, where you need to look at the dishwasher filter and clean it. The overall process of cleaning the dishwasher filter is easy, you can get it cleaned, and you can remove the filter screen for a better cleaning process.
In case if you are unable to remove the filter screen, you can clean it using a vacuum cleaner.
- In the 4th step, we need to clean the float; the dishwasher float is one such thing that moves up and down during the cleaning process. In some cases, when your dishwasher is not cleaning the dishes, the float is not moving, or it is stuck because of dirt particles.
You can clean the float for its better movement. If your dishwasher has a removable float, bring it out and clean it properly.
- Although we are sure that you would be able to get rid of the issue with the help of the above 4 steps only, if you are still facing the issue, you can remove the dishwasher inlet valve with the help of which you can easily clean the screen.
If you can notice some dust particles in the waterline, you can get rid of them. Just unscrew the water line connection and get it cleaned. At last, clean the inlet valve by removing all the wire connections.
With the help of these steps, you would be able to get rid of the dishwasher not cleaning issue. In case if you are still facing issues with your dishwashers, don’t hesistate to contact DP Electrical Repairs
DP Electical Repairs is expert for repairing dishwashers of leading brands such as: